Tao Zhao, Ph.D, Associate professor, Master's Supervisor
Dr. Tao Zhao is currently an associate professor in the School of Electrical Engineering and Information at Sichuan University. Dr. Zhao’s research focuses on intelligent control and its application, networked control systems, granular computing, etc. His projects are/were funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the Science and Technology Department of Sichuan Province, Sichuan University, etc. He published over 30 papers and 1 monograph in the fields of intelligent control, where 19 papers are indexed in the SCI as the first author/correspondence author. Dr. Zhao holds 3 Chinese patents for invention and 2 patents for utility models. He is the invited reviewer of multiple SCI journals including 《IEEE T FUZZY SYST》， 《IEEE TRANS. CYBERN》，《IEEE TRANS. SYST., MAN, CYBERN., SYST》，《NEUROCOMPUTING》，《INT J SYST SCI》，《ASIAN J CONTROL》，《IET CONTROL THEORY A》，《INT J FUZZY SYST》, etc.
l 2010.09-2015.06，Southwest Jiaotong University，Ph.D
l 2006.09-2010.06，Southwest Jiaotong University，Bachelor
l 2015.07-to present, School of Electrical Engineering and Information, Sichuan University, Associate professor
Areas of Research
l Modeling, control and optimization of intelligent system
l Networked control systems
l Data mining in granular computing framework
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China，61703291，Estimation of region of attraction and local control for discrete interval type-2 T-S fuzzy systems with time-delay，2018/01-2020/12，CNY 250000.
2. Science and Technology Department of Sichuan Province，2016JY0085，Analysis and design of nonlinear networked control systems with data packet loss and parameter uncertainties，2016/03-2019/03，CNY 100000.
3. Sichuan University，20822041A4006，Analysis and synthesis of interval type-2 fuzzy systems based on parameter dependent Lyapunov function，2015.07-2018.06，CNY 300000.
4. National Natural Science Foundation of China，51477146，Research on robust control for motor of high-speed emu based on switched LPV theory，2015/01-2018/12，CNY 740000.
5. National Natural Science Foundation of China，51177137，Research on new method of electric locomotive adhesion control based on the monitoring data of traction motor，2012/01-2015/12，CNY 550000.
 Tao Zhao, Songyi Dian. State Feedback Control for Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Systems with Time- Varying Delay and Unreliable Communication Links. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 2017, DOI: 10.1109/TFU ZZ.2017.2699947. (SCI)
 Tao Zhao, Weibo Liang, Songyi Dian, Jian Xiao, Zhenbo Wei. Improved Stability and Stabilization Criteria for Discrete Time-Delay Systems via a Novel Double Summation Inequality. IET Control Theory & Applications,2017，DOI: 10.1049/iet-cta.2017.0791. (SCI)
 Tao Zhao, Songyi Dian. Fuzzy dynamic output feedback H∞ control for continuous-time TS fuzzy systems under imperfect premise matching. ISA Transactions, 2017, 70: 248-259. (SCI)
 Tao Zhao, Songyi Dian. Delay-Dependent Stabilization of Discrete-Time Interval Type-2 T-S Fuzzy Systems With Time-Varying Delay. Journal of the Franklin Institute, 2017, 354(3):1542-1567. (SCI)
 Tao Zhao, Zhenbo Wei, Songyi Dian, et al. Observer-based H∞ controller design for interval type- 2 T–S fuzzy systems[J]. Neurocomputing, 2016, 177: 9-25. (SCI)
 Tao Zhao, Jian Xiao. A New Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Controller for Stabilization of Interval Ty pe-2 T-S Fuzzy Systems. Journal of the Franklin Institute, 2015, 352 (4): 1627-1648. (SCI)
 Tao Zhao, Jian Xiao, Hanming Sheng, Tao Wang . H∞ Control of Continuous-Time Interval Type-2 T-S Fuzzy Systems Via Dynamic Output Feedback Controllers. Neurocomputing, 2015, 165: 133-143. (SCI)
 Tao Zhao, Jian Xiao. State feedback control of interval type-2 TakagSugeno fuzzy systems via interval type-2 regional switching fuzzy controllers[J]. International Journal of Systems Science, 2015, 46(15): 2756-2769. (SCI)
 Tao Zhao, Jian Xiao, Lu Han, Cunyong Qiu, Jingchun Huang. Static Output Feedback Control for Interval Type-2 T-S Fuzzy Systems Based On Fuzzy Lyapunov Functions. Asian journal of control, 2014, 16(6): 1702-1712. (SCI)
 Tao Zhao, Jian Xiao, Yixing Li, Xuesong Deng. A New Approach to Similarity and Inclusion Measures Between General Type-2 Fuzzy Sets. Soft computing, 2014, 18 (4): 809–823.( SCI)