Dr. Liu is a professor and a graduate advisor.
Dr. Liu performed post-doctoral research work in Department of Electrical Engineering of University of Delaware from 2010 to 2011. Dr. Liu is a Senior Member and an academic journal reviewer of the IEEE, a member and an academic journal reviewer of OSA, and senior member of China Society of Image and Graphics. Dr. Liu acted as the foreign evaluation specialist (2011-2012) of National Institute of Research Development of Romania. At present, Dr. Liu is responsible for 1 general program of National Natural Science Foundation of China and 1 science & technology support program of Sichuan Province. The main research fields of Dr. Liu include structured light 3D imaging and application, computer / machine vision, digital image / signal processing, human-machine interaction, and wireless sensor network, etc. 35 papers of Dr. Liu has been published / cited, including 18 SCI papers and 14 EI papers. Dr. Liu has obtained 1 invention patent authorized by the United States and applied for 15 invention patents of China.
● 2005/08 - 2010/08: University of Kentucky, Department of Electrical Engineering, Doctor of Engineering
● 1998/09 - 2001/06: Sichuan University, College of Computer Science, Sichuan University, Master of Engineering
● 1992/09 - 1996/06: Sichuan University, Department of Computer Science, Bachelor of Engineering
● 2011/11 - present: College of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Sichuan University, Professor
● 2010/09 - 2011/07: University of Delaware, Department of Electrical Engineering, Post doctor
● 2001/07 - 2005/07: Sichuan University, College of Computer Science, Lecturer
Programs presided over or participated in
● Innovation Talent Program of The Recruitment Program of Global Experts of Sichuan Province, January, 2015 - December, 2017, RMB 500,000, as the program principal
● General program of National Natural Science Foundation of China: 61473198, high precision structured light 3D imaging research for light saturation and multipath effect, January, 2015 - December, 2018, RMB 780,000, under development, as the program principal
● Science & technology support program of Sichuan Province: 2014GZ0005, key technology research of image recognition and image enhancement, RMB 2.1 million, under development, January, 2014 - December, 2015; Dr. Liu is responsible for the research of the sub-program (Research of key problems in realizing dual-view contactless 3D fingerprint scanning technology, RMB 200,000)
● Sino-ROK cooperation program of National Natural Science Foundation of China: 61411140248, technology research of infrared image super-resolution, July, 2014 - June, 2016, RMB 80,000, under development, as the No. 2 program principal
● Brain-gain scientific-research startup program of Sichuan University, advanced real-time contactless multi-layered biometric identification information acquisition system, November, 2011 - October, 2014, RMB 400,000, program research is nearly finished, as the program principal