Born in May, 1965, Dr. Li is a professor of the College of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at Sichuan University
Professor Li graduated from Hiroshima University, Japan, with a doctoral degree in complex system engineering. While pursuing the doctoral program, he was involved in research on voltage stability analysis, fast algorithm for fault filtering, optimization theory, assessment of available transmission capacity, etc.
He led and participated in dozens of ten-million research projects, and published nearly 100 academic papers in international and domestic journals, dozens of which are covered in SCI or EI indexes. His paper “Voltage Stability Assessment based on Saddle Node Bifurcation and Limit Induced Bifurcation” was rated as one of the 100 outstanding academic papers by Proceedings of the Chinese Society for Electrical Engineering, a top domestic journal in the field of electric power.
He is executive director of the Sichuan Provincial Society for Electrical Engineering, vice chairman of its organizing committee, and chairman of its Sichuan University Branch.
Areas of Research
Power System Stability Analysis and Control, Power System Security Risk Assessment and Early Warning, Identification of Pattern of Cascading Failure in Power System, Research on Power System Vulnerability and Application, Analysis and Control of Integration of New Energy into Grid, Analysis and Control Methods for Microgrid Operation, etc.
Research Projects Led and Participated in over the Past Several Years (not all inclusive)
1. Real-Time Monitoring System for Voltage Stability in Power System;
2. Vulnerability of Regional Grid;
3. Study of Grid Invulnerability Based on Assessment of Grid Vulnerability;
4. Real-Time Power Grid Safety Assessment and Early Warning System;
5. Risk Prevention and Mechanism Building for Power Grid Operation after Catastrophic Events;
6. Correlation between Grid Vulnerability and Power Grid Planning;
7. Dynamic Safety Assessment of Power Grid Allowing for Wind Power;
8. Practical Project: Lean Management of Line Loss in Large-Scale Power Supply Enterprises;
9. Monographic Study of AVC Application to the Guangdong Power Grid;
10. Analysis of Voltage Stability in Regional Grids and Technology for Optimization and Control of Reactive Voltage;
11. Security and Stability of the Yibin Power Grid during the “12th Five-Year Plan Period”;
12. Power Quality in Power Grid of Offshore Oilfields and Severity of the Problem;
13. Application of New Vulnerability Theory in Security Analysis of Regional Power Grids;
14. Analysis of Prices of Flooring Used in the "Sichuan-Tibet Power Grid" Engineering Project;
15. Risk Assessment and Prevention for the Xinjiang Power Grid—Assessment and Prevention of Disasters in Grids;
16. AVC System of the Zigong Electric Power Supply Bureau;
17. Countermeasures against Hidden Catastrophic Dangers in the Deyang Power Grid
18. Voltage/Reactive Coordinated Control AVC System of the Chengdu Electric Power Supply Bureau (Phase 1)
19. Voltage/Reactive Control AVC System of the Guang'an Electric Power Supply Bureau (Phase 2);
20. AVC System of the Neijiang Electric Power Supply Bureau (Phase 2);
Papers Covered in SCI Indexes and Representative Papers Covered in EI Indexes:
1. Yorino. N, Li Huaqiang, "A Method of Voltage Stability Evaluation for Branch and Generator Outage Contingencies," IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, Vol. 19, No. 1, February 2004: 252 ~ 259.
2. Yorino. N, Li Huaqiang, "A Predictor/Corrector Scheme for Obtaining Q-Limit Points for Power Flow Studies", IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, VOL.20, NO. 1, February 2005: 130-137.
3. Li Huaqiang, Liu Yamei, Yorino.N, "Voltage Stability Assessment for Saddle Node Bifurcation and Limit Induced Bifurcation", Proceedings of the CSEE, 2005, 25 (24).
4. "Regional Power System Reactive Power Capability Based on Voltage Stability", Power System Protection and Control, 2009, 37 (13): 19-23. Corresponding Author.
5. "A Summary of Contingency Screening and Ranking Based on Static Voltage Stability", Electric Power System Protection and Control, 2009, 37 (14): 129-133. Corresponding Author.
6. "Evaluation of Available Transfer Capability for AC/DC Power Systems", Power System Protection and Control, 2010, 38 (2) 12-17. Corresponding Author.
7. "Optimum Reactive Compensation Position Determination Based on Static Energy Function for AC/DC Power System", Electric Power Automation Equipment, 2010, 30 (8): 45-48. Corresponding Author.
8. "Voltage Weak Node Assessment Based on Static Energy Function", Power System Protection and Control, 2010, 38 (14): 79-83. Corresponding Author.
9. "Calculation of Available Transfer Capability for AC/DC Power Systems Based on Continuation Power Flow", Power System Protection and Control, 2010, 38 (16): 1-5. Corresponding Author.
10. "Fast Algorithm Applied to Generator Outage Voltage Stability Evaluation in AC/DC System", Power System Protection and Control, 2010, 38 (16): 35-38. Corresponding Author.
11. "Fast Algorithm of Branch Contingency Ranking Based on Voltage Vulnerability", Power System Protection and Control, 2010, 38 (23): 177-181. Corresponding Author.
12. "Islanding Detection Scheme Evaluation for RLC Load Distributed Generation", Power System Protection and Control, 2011, 39 (6): 7-11. Corresponding Author.
13. "Voltage Control Partitioning Based on Energy Sensitivity Matrix and Fuzzy Clustering Analysis", Power System Protection and Control, 2011, 39 (12) 69-73. Corresponding Author.
14. "Assessment of Node Voltage Vulnerability of Power System with Wind Farm", Power System Protection and Control, 2011, 39 (16), 58-62. Corresponding Author.
15. "Assessment on Nodal Comprehensive Vulnerability Based on Operational State and Network Structure", Power System Technology, 2014, 38 (3): 731-735. Corresponding Author.
16. "Reactive Power Optimaztion of AC/DC Power System Based on Singular Value Decomposition and Interior Point Method", Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, 2009, 24 (2): 158-163. Corresponding Author.