Male, Han nationality, born in August 1968, native to Yuxi City, Yunnan Province, Ph.D., professor, and graduate advisor. In July, 1990, Professor Lü graduated with a bachelor's degree in engineering from the Department of Power Engineering of Sichuan University (formerly Chengdu University of Science and Technology). He was rated as a college-level outstanding graduate and was recommended for admission without examination to the Department of Electrical Engineering of Chongqing University to pursue a master program. After obtaining his master's degree, he continued to pursue a doctoral program. In May, 1996, he graduated with a doctoral degree in engineering and began his teaching and research career in the College of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of Sichuan University, teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students majoring in Electric Power. Professor Lü is paper review expert of core journals including Proceedings of the Chinese Society for Electrical Engineering, Power System Automation, and Power System Protection and Control. In 2001-2002, he was a visiting scholar at Cornell University, USA. He has published more than 100 academic papers in major domestic and foreign journals including the ones on IEEE and at important academic conferences. From 2003 to 2005, he won the Sichuan University Young Backbone Teacher Award for three consecutive years. He won “First Prize for Scientific and Technological Progress in Sichuan’s Electric Power Industry,” “Second Prize for Scientific and Technological Progress in Chongqing’s Electric Power Industry,” and “Third Prize for Scientific and Technological Progress in Chongqing.”
He is engaged in theoretical research into relay protection in power system, engineering and development of application software, as well as research on and development of software used in visualization of power system, visualization of intelligent substation, and information management system for power system. Professor Lü is currently involved in: vulnerability, security, and reliability assessment of relay protection and visualization of intelligent substation.
His fully-developed research achievements that can be widely applied include: visual setting calculation software suitable for integrated relay protection in power plants, power grids, and prefectures and counties, web-based management software for fixed value in relay protection, and virtual terminator visual software suitable for training and debugging at intelligent converting stations.
Research Projects Led over the Past Several Years (not all inclusive)
1. Sichuan Power Electric Corporation Skills Training Center: A New Generation of All-Digital Visual Simulation of Intelligent Converting Stations;
2. Sichuan Power Electric Corporation Skills Training Center: Security Assessment System for Relay Protection in Plant Networks;
3. China Guodian Corporation Daduhe Zhentouba Hydropower Construction Co., Ltd.: Relay Protection Fixed Value setting calculation for Sichuan Daduhe Zhentouba First-Tier Hydropower Plant and Technical Services;
4. Guangdong Power Grid Corporation Electric Power Science Research Institute: Technical Support for Online Comprehensive Analysis and Evaluation System for Power Grid Operating Data;
5. Liangshan Power Supply Corporation: Research on and Application of Integrated Prefecture-County Grid Maintenance Management System;
6. PetroChina Sichuan Petrochemical Co., Ltd.: Setting Calculation Software for Relay Protection;
7. Sichuan Power Electric Corporation Skills Training Center: Enhancement of Training at Training Base and Applied Technology for the Year 2013;
8. Chengdu Electric Power Supply Bureau: Carrying Capacity Assessment and Analysis System for Production and Operations at Chengdu Electric Power Supply Bureau;
9. Lin'an City Power Supply Bureau: Management System for Relay Protection;
10. Xiaoshan Power Supply Bureau: Assessment of Risk in Changing Fixed Value without Power Cut in Protective Devices;
11. Luzhou Electric Power Supply Bureau: Management System for Fixed Value of Relay Protection;
12. Panzhihua Electric Power Supply Bureau: Setting Calculation Software System for Relay Protection on Power Transmission Lines;
13. Chengdu Electric Power Supply Bureau: Task Control Management System for Grassroots Teams at Chengdu Electric Power Supply Bureau;
14. Chengdu Electric Power Supply Bureau Power Transformation Operation Management Bureau: Microcomputer Management System for Power Transformation Operation at Chengdu Electric Power Supply Bureau Power Transformation Operation Management Bureau;
15. Sichuan Province Department of Science and Technology: Optimal Collaboration in Relay Protection on Large-Scale Complex Ring Grid;
16. Jiangxi Electric Power Scheduling Center: Real-Time Economic Scheduling in the Electricity Market;
Recent representative papers (not all inclusive):
1. “The Vulnerability Evaluation Model of Power Grid Based on the Protection-vulnerability-weighted Topological Model", Proceedings of the CSEE, 2014/04.
2. "Evaluation Model of Cascading Failure in Power Grid Based on Hybrid Method", Power System Protection And Control, 2014/19.
3. "Vulnerability Evaluation of Power Grid Based on the Analysis of Cascading Failure Sequence", Power System Protection and Control, 2014/17.
4. "Reliability Analysis of Digital Relay Based on Intuitionistic Trapezoidal Fuzzy Numbers", Power System Protection and Control, 2014/12.
5. "A Power Grid Vulnerability Evaluate Model Considering Protection Fault Factor", Power System Technology, 2013/11.
6. "Method for the Combination of Power System Operation Mode Based on Genetic Algorithm", Power System Protection and Control, 2013/10.
7. "Reliability Analysis of Digital Protection System Based on Interval Theory", Power System Protection and Control, 2013/07.
8. "Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm Based Determination of Minimum Break Point Set for Coordination of Directional Protective Relay in Multi-Loop Networks", Power System Protection and Control, 2013/06.
9. "An Assessment Method for On-line Verification of Relay Protection Setting", Power System Automation, 2013/03.
10. " A Method for Selecting a Minimum Break Point Set（MBPS） from Multi-MBPS with the Same Cardinal Number Based on Evaluation of Relay Protection Importance", Automation of Electric Power Systems, 2012/10.
11. "Current Protection Calculation for Zone-Division Setting in Large Power System", Power System Protection and Control, 2011/07.
12. "A New Fault Location Method for T-Connection Transmission Lines Based on Wavelet Transform", Power System Protection and Control, 2010/02.
13. "Combinatorial Method for Power System Operation Modes Based on Topology Identification", Power System Technology, 2010/02.
14. "Fault Identification for Single-Phase Auto-Reclosure of Transmission Lines with High Speed Grounding Switches", Power System Technology, 2010/03.
15. "Identification of Faults Occurred on the Extra High Voltage Transmission Line Based on PRONY Method", Power System Protection and Control, 2010/09.
16. "Method for Power System Operation Mode Combination Based on Shortest Electrical Distance", Power System Protection and Control, 2010/15.
17. "Protective Relaying On-Line Coordination and Calculation System for Smart Grid Based on MAS", Power System Protection and Control, 2010/18.
18. "Fault Location Algorithm Based on Wavelet Transform for T-Connection Transmission Lines", Power System Protection and Control, 2010/23.