Female, PhD, associate professor, graduate advisor, senior member of the China Power Supply Society, IEEE member. Professor Li Yuan graduated from Wuhan University with a bachelor’s (2003), master's (2006) and doctoral degree (2009) in electrical engineering. She specializes in power electronics and electric drive. From 2007 to 2009, she was a co-educated Ph.D. candidate working at the Power Electronics and Power Transmission Lab at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Michigan State University. From 2015 to 2016, she was a visiting Professor at the Power Electronics Laboratory of Northeastern University's School of Electrical and Computer Engineering. She is now guest editor of the special edition of IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Industry Electronics.
Teaching and awards
Since 2009, she has been a teacher of the College of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Sichuan University, teaching Power Electronics Technology, Power Electronics Technology in Power Systems, New Energy Power Generation Technology, DSP Theory, and Smart Grid and Energy Efficiency. She led the construction of a new energy laboratory, which includes facilities such as photovoltaic, wind energy, and energy storage equipment and grid-connected inverters and various types of laboratory equipment. She can undertake multiple teaching and research responsibilities. She offered her students guidance on the College Students Electronic Design Competition, and helped them win first prize in 2011. Dozens of groups of other students won various provincial awards from 2011 to 2014. She has guided her students in the College Students Innovative Practice Training Program, which was supported by state-level and university-level funding.
Awards for achievements in teaching
2010: Sichuan University Young Backbone Teacher Award
2011, 2012, and 2013: Sichuan University Excellent Undergraduate Thesis Award
2012: Outstanding tutor during the Seventh National Information Technology Application Competition
2012: Sichuan University Teaching Achievement Award (ranking seventh)
2013: Extracurricular Activities Undergraduate Teaching Award
Areas of scientific research
1. New energy generation and control technology;
2. Flexible AC and DC power transmission technology;
3. Power quality and control technology for it. She is focused on research and development relating to new power converters, new energy grid-connection, power electronic device modeling and digital control, and power quality analysis and control after the connection of power electronic devices with power system.
Main research topics undertaken or responsible for:
1. Key Technology for Integrated Photovoltaic Grid-Connecting System Based on the Quasi-Z-Source Converter Series Module, National Natural Science Fund Youth Fund;
2. Distributed Generation and Micro-Grid Control Technology, Sichuan University Young Teachers Fund;
3. Research & Development and Foreign-Related Cooperation Relating to Micro-Photovoltaic Inverter;
4. Power Quality Problems Analysis in Active Distribution Networks and Comprehensive Management of It, National High-Tech R&D Program (863 Program) sub-project;
5. Characteristics Analysis in Intermittent Power Supply and Impact Load Collection, project in cooperation with enterprise;
6. Prediction Method for Regional Photovoltaic Power Generation Based on Machine Learning, project in cooperation with foreign entity;
7. Load-oriented Adaptive Control Strategy for Distributed Maximum Power Tracking, project in cooperation with foreign entity and so on.
She has published more than 20 academic papers in IEEE Transactions on Industry Electronics, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Power System Automation, IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC), IEEE Energy Conversion Congress & Expo (ECCE) and other internationally renowned journals and at academic conference, of which 3 are covered in SCI indexes, with the highest impact factor being IF 5.165. All these papers are covered in EI indexes, and one of them has been cited for more than 100 times. Representative Papers:
1、 《Modeling and Control of Quasi-Z-Source Inverter for Distributed Generation Applications》,IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2013, 60（4）： 1532-1541.1. "Modeling and Control of Quasi-Z-Source Inverter for Distributed Generation Applications," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2013, 60 (4): 1532-1541.
2、Constant Capacitor Voltage Control Strategy for Z-Source/ Quasi-Z-Source Inverter in Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems, Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, 2011, 26 (5): 62-69.
3、A Hybrid Control Strategy for Photovoltaic Simulator, Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, 2012, 27 (11): 197-2024、Grid-Connected Boost-Half-Bridge Photovoltaic Microinverter System Using Repetitive Current Control and Maximum Power Point Tracking, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2012, 27 (11): 4711-4722.
5、Low THD, Fast Transient, and Cost-Effective Synchronous-Frame Repetitive Controller for Three-Phase UPS Inverters, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2012, 27 (6): 2994-3005.
6、Quasi-Z-Source Inverter for Photovoltaic Power Generation Systems, Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, 2009. APEC 2009. Twenty-Fourth Annual IEEE, 15-19 Feb. 2009, pp. 918-924.