2015/02 – 2015/08, visiting scholar to The University of Nottingham of UK;
2007/04 – 2010/03, Ph.D. in Power Electronics, Osaka University of Japan;
2006/10 – 2007/03, advanced postgraduate study at Osaka University of Japan;
1992/09 – 1995/07, Msc study in Electric Power System & Automation at Sichuan University, its forerunner being Sichuan Union University;
1988/09 – 1992/07, Bsc study in Motor at Department of Electrical Engineering, Hefei University of Technology.
From July 1995 to present, teaching and research as an associate professor and graduate advisor at College of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Sichuan University
1.Scientific research with a focus on distributed power generation, micro-grid and power hardware in loop simulation, chairing or participating in following research projects as the first researcher participant over the past five years:
(1)a Sichuan provincial supportive projects of scientific research No. 2012FZ0049 in the title of “Study of the maximum rating conversion of the photovoltaic generating system with partial shadow”;
(2)a Sichuan provincial supportive projects of scientific research No. 2011FZ0003 in the title of “Analysis of flexible micro-grid operation and study of the control”;
(3)a Sichuan provincial supportive projects of scientific research No. 2014GZ0069 in the title of “Study of the key technology of the high performance photovoltaic gird-connected inverter”;
(4)a Chengdu city project of innovative pioneering service talents in the title of “Study of the reduction in intelligent grid noise and radiation”;
(5)an international cooperation project with FUSO of Japan in the title of “Study of the Mini UPS”;
(6) a joint project with North China Electric Power University in the title of “Modelling, control and simulation of the DC micro-grid”;
(7) a project of Sichuan Provincial Electric Power Research Institute in the title of “Study of 500kV auto transformer electromagnetic transients simulation”;
(8) a Chengdu City Bureau of Science and Technology project of higher institutional achievements transfer No. 11DXYB004JH-027 in the title of “AC and DC alternative application of micro-grid technology”;
(9)a Chengdu City Bureau of Science and Technology project of application basis No. 12DXYB279JH-002 in the title of “Study of the key technology in maximum rating conversion of the photovoltaic generating system with partial shadow”;
(10)a software research project of Sichuan City Bureau of Science and Technology No. 2014-RK00-00021-ZF in the title of “Study of Chengdu town-level intelligent power supply model”;
(11)a research project of National Grid Sichuan Electric Power Company in the title of “Study of the impact of intermittent hybrid new energies integration on the Xichang power grid”;
(12) a Huangneng Lancang River Hydropower Company project No. 14H0365 in the title of “Study of the drainage area centralized intelligent control and management model”;
(13) a Sichuan Huadian Wawushan Hydropower Development Co., Ltd. project No. 13H0680 in the title of “Feasibility study of united load curve scheduling for Qingyi River (Zhougong) Tributary Cascade Hydropower Stations”;
(14) a National Grid Sichuan Provincial Electric Power Experiment project No. 10H1206 in the title of “The analytical technology of electric power electrical insulation aging”.
2. Course books published: Electromechanics, China Machine Press, 2014, 2nd Edition, the wordcount by Miao being 210,000 Chinese characters
3.Recent publication of academic papers
 MIAO Hong, Satoshi Horie, Yushi Miura, Toshifumi Ise, Yuki Sato, Toshinari Momose, Christian Dufour： “ Power Hardware-in the loop simulation of a gas engine cogeneration system for developing power converter systems ” , IEE of Japan Transaction on Industry Applications, 2010, Vol.130, No.5 Page： 646-654
 MIAO Hong, Yushi Miura, Toshifumi Ise, Yuki Sato, Toshinari Momose, Christian Dufour： “Stability and Accuracy Analysis of Power Hardware-in-the-loop Simulation of Inductor Coupled Systems”, IEE of Japan Transaction on Industry Applications, 2010, Vol.130, N0.7 Page 902-912.
 MIAO Hong, Satoshi Horie, Yushi Miura, Toshifumi Ise, Christian Defour： “A method to Stabilize Power Hardware-in-the-loop Simulation of Inductor Coupled Systems”, International Conference on Power System Transient（IPST）, No.239, Japan（2009）.
 MIAO Hong, Lung Chienru,Yushi Miura, Toshifumi Ise： “Accuracy Evaluation of a Power Hardware-in-the-loop Simulation of a boost Chooper” , International Power Electronics Conference, IPEC 2010, Sapporo, Japan.
 TANG Lei, Zeng Chengbi, Miao Hong. The PV Maximum Power Point Tracking Algorithm Based on Fuzzy PI Bidirectional Linear Prediction Methodology. Acta Energiae Solaris Sinica, 2014, Vol. 35 (11). a paper EI CD edition.
 TANG Lei, Zeng Chengbi, Miao Hong. Variable-step adaptive MPPT algorithm for photovoltaic system. November 2013, Vol. 33 (11). A paper in EI CD edition (the first author Tang was a doctoral candidate).
 YANG Yan, Miao Hong, Zeng Chengbi, Han Minxiao, Liu Xiaohao. Efficiency analysis and comparison of microgrid based on improved Gauss-Seidel power flow algorithm. Renewable Energies, 2014 Vol. 2.
 YANG Yan, Miao Hong, Zeng Chengbi, Han Minxiao. Study of Flywheel energy storage system based on bidirectional converter
Recent participation in major international academic exchanges
Proofreader for IEEE transaction on smart grid; member of the Technological Committee for the International Power Electronic Conference 2014, in Hiroshima, Japan; member of the Technological Committee (Seoul, Korea) for 9th IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics（ICPE 2015）; presenter for a specialized session of the Micro-grid Symposium 2011 in Cheju, Korea.