The conference committee of the Second Symposium on Liquid Crystal Photonics (SLCP) warmly welcomes you to participate and attend the conference, to be held in Chengdu, China, which is known as the Nature’s Storehouse.
April 19, 2013: Registration (Kehuayuan Hotel Lobby) new!
April 20-21, 2013: Technical program
April 22-24, 2013: Social program (Jiuzhai Valley)
The scope of SLCP covers all aspects of advanced liquid crystals, ranging from fundamental physics, chemistry, to practical applications. Original papers are solicited including, but not limited to, new liquid crystal materials, display and photonic devices, electro-optic and optical effects, device simulations, liquid crystal polymers and elastomers, photoalignment, polymer-stabilized nanostructures, microwave and terahertz devices.
Society of Information Display (Beijing Chapter)
Optical Society of America
National Natural Science Foundation of China
National "863" Program of China
National "973" Program of China
School of Electronics and Information Engineering, Sichuan University
State Key Laboratory of Fundamental Science on Synthetic Vision, Sichuan University
Shin-Tson Wu, University of Central Florida, USA, Chair
Yanqing Lu, Nanjing University, China, Co-Chair
Qiong-Hua Wang, Sichuan University, China, Chair
Li Xuan, Changchun Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics CAS, China, Co-Chair
Yikai Su, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, Co-Chair
1. Dr. Martin Schadt: From nematic field-effect LCDs to LC photo-alignment by side-chain polymers
2. Prof. Shin-Tson Wu: Is blue-phase LCD ready for prime time?
3. Prof. Iam-Choon Khoo: Nonlinear and all-optical response of blue-phase liquid crystals bulk film and fibers
4. Prof. Han-Ping D. Shieh: PPI scale-up capability for TFT backplanes and materials
5. Prof. Hoi Sing Kwok: Liquid crystal diffractive gratings
6. Prof. Vladimir Chigrinov: Bright future for high resolution field-sequential color ferroelectric LCD
7. Prof. Sin-Doo Lee: Liquid crystals meet biologically inspired technologies
8. Prof. Tomiki Ikeda: Photomobile polymer materials
9. Prof. Sui Wei: LCOS technology specialized for holographic 3D display
The Symposium mainly consists of plenary speeches, invited talks, oral presentation and poster presentation, and establishes 5 best poster awards.
During the conference, we will celebrate Dr. Martin Schadt’s 75th birthday. Earlier this year, Martin received the NAE Draper Prize, which is considered equivalent to the Nobel Prize for engineers.
Registration fee (Onsite Cash)
A: RMB 1000 B: RMB 500 (student)
C: RMB 1200 (Enterprise)
Institute of Information Display, EIE, Sichuan University
Prof. Shin-Tson Wu’s group
Jiangsu Hecheng Chemical Materials Co., Ltd (HCCH)
JiangXi Quality Microelectronics Co., Ltd
China Academy of Engineering Physics, China
Mianyang Meem Electronic Materials Co., Ltd, China
Southeast University, China
SLCP'2013 & 3D Forum Program
Dr. Wang Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Liu Tel: 86-15828297494
Address: School of Electronics and Information Engineering, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610065, China
Welcome to Jiuzhai Valley
Welcome to Jiuzhai Valley